Stay in touch!
Looking for even more educational content?
Browse Duke's iTunesU page and subscribe to educational podcasts.
Contact Jennifer Chambers '01, director, Alumni Education, 919-681-6216.
The Duke Reads program was started in 2007 as a virtual book club for alumni. Over the past few years, there have been many ways for alumni to engage with each other and university faculty and administrators online and in person.
In January 2015, the Duke Reads program was expanded to incorporate the other programs across campus that host literary-themed events, book clubs, and other reading related content. Information about these programs is shared in the Forever Learning Newsletter.
Join the Duke Community on LeafLit, the app that allows alumni to read and communicate with each other in real time.
LeafLit offers thousands of free books you can read on your own and you can also link your Kindle account to your LeafLit account so that you can purchase your Duke Reads books on Amazon.com. If you have any concerns or questions about the app, please address those to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LeafLit Instructions: It’s easy to join the Duke Reads community!
- From your iPad, download and install the free app.
- Create your free account on Leaflit using your Duke Reads preferred email address and log in. If you need your preferred email sent to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Tap on Communities and then on Discover Communities
- Locate and select the community Duke Reads.
- Tap on the Join button.
- Select a book from the community – read, discuss and enjoy!
View the interviews with past authors and hosts from Duke Reads on YouTube!
Check out the list of previous Duke Reads selections!
Take a look at interviews with authors on the
Duke Reads blog.